OCH REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER REVISED VISITATION POLICY
The following visitation policy goes into effect on October 12, 2020, until further notice, as part of our proactive measures to keep our patients, staff and visitors safe.
• General Acute Care Inpatients: Upon admission, two individuals will be identified as part of the patient’s care team and will receive a designated armband. Only one of the two visitors may be in the room at a time. The two visitors may meet at the outpatient desk to swap out. Patients at end-of-life may have immediate family members in the room (within reason and at the discretion of the staff).
• COVID-19 Suspect/Confirmed Patients: Patients may have one adult visitor throughout the hospital stay. However, they are not allowed to leave the room and meals will be delivered to the visitor. Patients at end-of-life may have two visitors, but these visitors may not change throughout the visit.
• Labor and Delivery: Since this department is a locked unit, the patient may have one adult visitor throughout her L&D stay.
• Postpartum: Once a patient has been moved to the postpartum unit, new moms will be asked to identify two individuals as part of her care team who will receive a designated armband. Only one of the two visitors may be in the room at a time. The two visitors may meet at the outpatient desk to swap out.
• Pediatric: Two parents or guardians are allowed with pediatric patients. We encourage any pediatric patient over age six to wear a mask when moving through the hospital.
• Newborn Follow-up: One parent/guardian and one designated adult may escort the newborn to the follow-up clinic.
• Outpatient: Adult outpatients may have one visitor throughout outpatient stay. Pediatric patients may have two parents/guardians. Visitors will remain in the waiting room at the designated 6 foot separation. Once the maximum amount of people who can safely social distance is reached, visitors may be asked to remain in car until patient is ready for discharge.
• ICU: No visitors allowed at this time
• Emergency Room: Adult patients may have one designated visitor. Pediatric patients may have two adult visitors. In the event the patient is admitted, visitors must follow the policies above.
ADDITIONAL VISITATION INFORMATION:
• Any requests for exceptions to the visitation policy must be presented to the house manager who will coordinate with the corresponding floor manager or department director when available. Otherwise, the house manager will make decisions on exceptions.
• All patients, visitors, and employees will be screened for a fever (100.4 degrees F or higher), cough, and shortness of breath upon entrance to the hospital. All visitors will be required to wear masks while moving through the hospital. Patients and visitors are allowed to remove masks while in a patient room but will assume the liability of risk of exposure if they choose to remove their masks.
• Visitors entering the hospital from 5AM-5PM should only enter through the outpatient entrance. Visitors should only enter through the ER if they are with an ER patient or it is after 5PM.
• Visitors of patients will be allowed to go to the cafeteria. The only visitors who will not be allowed to leave the room are visitors of COVID positive patients and COVID suspects.
• Cafeteria remains closed to the general public for now. The only public who should be in the cafeteria are patient visitors, and they should have the special “Visitor” armband or outpatient visitor sticker on.
• Children under the age of 14 will not be allowed to visit.
• Clergy: Clergy will be allowed in the building to visit patients but must wear a “clergy” badge upon entry and have had COVID education provided by infection control. To inquire about the COVID education, please call Wes Andrews at 662-615-3110.
• Medical records remains closed to the public. If you need medical records or a hard copy of your COVID test results, call 662-615-2900, and arrangements will be made to get the necessary paperwork to you.
• The business office is open for paying bills only. Customers will be required to be screened and will need to wear a mask.
o We strongly encourage patients to utilize our online services at och.org and click on “Pay a Bill” or “Visit Patient Portal” on the homepage.
o If you would like to pay a bill over the phone using a credit card, call the number on your bill or our business office at 662-615-2600 or 662-615-2601.
o To register for the patient portal, call 662-615-2683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The parking garage is closed to the public. Please utilize the front parking lots. Entrance to the hospital will be limited to three access points:
Monday - Friday (5 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Saturday and Sunday (closed)
2. West Tower Main Entrance
Monday - Friday (5 a.m. - noon)
Saturday and Sunday (5 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
3. Emergency Department (open 24/7)