OCH REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER REVISED VISITATION POLICY
• OB/GYN and Postpartal: Patients may have one adult visitor throughout the hospital stay. The visitor is not allowed to leave the building but can go to the cafeteria.
• General Acute Care: Patients may have one adult visitor throughout the hospital stay. They are not allowed to leave the building but can go to the cafeteria. Patients at end-of-life may have immediate family members in room (within reason and at the discretion of the staff).
• COVID-19 Suspect/Confirmed Patients: Patients may have one adult visitor throughout the hospital stay. However, the visitor is not allowed to leave the room. Dietary will deliver guest trays to these visitors. COVID patients at end-of-life may have 2 visitors but these visitors may not change throughout the visit.
• Pediatric: Patients may have one parent or guardian throughout the hospital stay. If parent/guardian is unable to stay, they are allowed to swap out with other parent/guardian but once they leave, they are not allowed back. We encourage any pediatric patient over age 6 who must be in the halls for ambulation to wear a mask.
• Outpatient: Patients may have one visitor throughout the outpatient stay. Visitors will remain in the waiting room at the designated 6 foot separation. Once the maximum amount of people who can safely be 6 feet apart is reached, visitors may be asked to remain in the car until patient is ready for discharge.
• ICU: No visitors allowed at this time
• Emergency Room: Adult patients may have one designated visitor. Pediatric patients may have two adult visitors. In the event the patient is admitted, visitors must follow the policies above.
ADDITIONAL VISITATION INFORMATION:
• Everyone, including patients, visitors and employees, who enters the hospital, will be screened for a fever (100.4 degrees F or higher), and symptoms and exposure to COVID-19. Everyone is required to wear masks while moving throughout the hospital. Patients and visitors are allowed to remove masks while in a patient room but will assume the liability of risk of exposure if they remove it.
• Visitors entering the hospital from 5AM-5PM should only enter through the outpatient entrance. Visitors should only enter through the ER if they are with an ER patient or it is after 5PM.
• Visitors of patients will be allowed to go to the cafeteria. The only visitors who will not be allowed to leave the room are visitors of COVID positive patients and COVID suspects.
• Cafeteria remains closed to the general public. The only public who should be in the cafeteria are patient visitors and they should have the special “visitor” armband or outpatient visitor sticker.
• Children under the age of 14 are not allowed to visit.
• To pay a bill or access medical records, please utilize our online services.
o If you would like to pay a bill over the phone using a credit card, call the number on your bill or our business office at 662-615-2600 or 662-615-2601.
o If you need medical records not available on the portal, call 662-615-2900, and arrangements will be made to get the necessary paperwork to you.
o To register for the patient portal, call 662-615-2683 or email email@example.com.
• The parking garage is closed to the public. Please utilize the front parking lots. Entrance to the hospital will be limited to two access points:
1. Outpatient (5 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
2. Emergency Department (open 24/7)
Please remember, these changes are implemented for the safety of our patients, visitors, and staff. We encourage our patients and their families to utilize remote visits through telephone or video chat. Thank you for your cooperation!