Thank you for choosing
OCH! The following information is provided to help you better prepare for your hospitalization. As a patient you are our guest, and we will do everything possible to make your stay with us as pleasant as possible.
If you have a question during your stay, please feel free to ask any staff member. We will do our best to merit your confidence and speed your recovery. It is the goal of the OCH Board of Trustees, medical staff, administration and hospital personnel, that you have a speedy and pleasant recovery.
About Your Stay:
VALUABLES – Please leave large sums of money and valuables at home or send them home by your family or friends. If necessary, you may deposit them in the hospital safe and retrieve them when you leave the hospital. Valuables are returned 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p. m. Monday through Friday. The hospital is not responsible for valuables kept in your room.
TELEPHONE – To call outside the hospital from a patient room: Local call – dial 9 + number; In-state long distance call – dial 87 + 0 + area code + number; Out-of-state call – dial 87 + 00 + area code + number.
MAIL & FLOWERS – Any mail or flowers addressed to you will be delivered to your room. Mail received after you have been discharged will be forwarded to your home address.
MEDICATIONS – Please do not bring any medication from home unless told to do so by your physician. Do bring a complete list of the medications you take to include dosages and the time table for taking the medications. During your hospitalization, the nurses will give you medication as ordered by your physician.
SAFETY – Please observe the following safety precautions:
- Use the emergency call cord/card located on your bed and in the bathroom to call a nurse, rather than attempting movement or action that could result in an accidental strain or fall.
- Do not try to adjust or climb over the side rails on your bed.
- Do not bring any electrical appliances, firearms or cell phones into the hospital, as this violates safety regulations.
- Wear slippers or shoes when out of bed to avoid falls or injury and do not walk near areas where the floor is being cleaned.
- Do not leave your nursing care area without first consulting your nurse.
TOBACCO FREE POLICY – OCH is a tobacco-free facility. Cigarettes and other tobacco products are not permitted within the building or anywhere on the property. Please honor this policy to ensure that the hospital remains a safe and healthy environment in which to recover.
GIFT SHOP – For your convenience, the OCH Auxiliary operates a Gift Shop near the hospital lobby from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Gift items, candy, and floral arrangements, as well as personal items are available. Call (662) 615-3000 for more information.